Thursday, February 24, 2011

One Month Old



Kensington,

A whole month has already come and gone! February 19 marked your 1 month birthday! Its been a wild month having you here with us!

Your sister just adores you. She asks to hold you and wants to give you kisses all the time. You just stare and study her, you know that she will become your best friend one of these days!

You are a pretty alert little thing! You stay wide awake for hours at a time in the mornings and in the evening. You keep your mama on her toes, as I never thought a newborn would stay awake for such a length of time! You are usually pretty content in the morning, and really love to be held. I always asked God for a cuddly little baby, and YOU are exactly what I prayed for!

You spend most of the afternoon napping so soundly. You are such a great little nurser. Eating seems to be your favorite, and that is the one thing that puts mommy's mind at ease.

Right now, your pacifier is your best little friend. You have a love/hate relationship with your carseat and the swing. Some days you love them, other days...well you hate them. Thankfully, you do not spit up much at all, and you burp like a champ!

As sweet and precious as you are, you are a textbook colic baby. You are wide awake and very unhappy every night between the hours of 7 pm and 9 pm. Mommy and Daddy try so hard to make you comfortable, but have not been successful yet! You have already had your first cold (thanks to your big sister), and have been to the doctor twice. At two weeks you weighed 7 lbs 2 oz, and then at one month you weighed in at 8 lbs 15 oz! You are growing so well!

The doctor decided that your tummy pain was what is causing the colicky hours at night, so he has given us some medicine that we will be starting you on tonight!

At night, you sleep for about 3 hours a stretch right now. You have your good nights and then your not so good nights, but we are working on it.

You are a sweet little addition to our family, and we are enjoying the journey to getting to know you a little better each and everyday.

A lady at our church said, "Comparison is the death of contentment". This has just been so true for your daddy and me, as you and your sister are just so very different.The two of you are incomparable. This has been hard for me, because everything that comforted your sister does not work for you. You have kept me guessing, when I thought I had a clue about being a mommy.

You must know that we love that you are your own person, and we are loving those little things that make you YOU! You are one special, beautiful, and unique little girl and we love you so very very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Comparison is the death of contentment." So much wisdom in that and well beyond a child-rearing application. I'm adding it to my quote journal asap! ~K

Tiffany said...

Hi. My name is Tiffany. I saw this post by you on Chronicles of a Babywise Mom....Babywise Made Motherhood Not Just Do-Able, But Enjoyable
I read it and then cliked on the link to your blog. Just reading a few posts about your 2nd daughter sounds so much like us! Except I am a first time mom, so it is my first time at baywise too. I hear about what "normal" should be and b/c I am not experiencing it I feel so lost. I feel like it just is not working or I am doing something wrong. I want my son to be a good sleeper so he has good brain development and a great disposition but nothing seems to work. You wrote of your little girl staying wide awake when you just knew she needed a nap.... I was thinking that is us! Josh is now 10 weeks. I would love to be able to chat with someone who has been there and hopefully can give me some insight. If you'd be willing I'd love to talk. My email is tnorwood11@hotmail.com if you do not mind chatting with me I'd be so grateful!