Monday, August 2, 2010

Follow Up

Well,

Today was good. Honestly, I prayed so much that I would just relax and take a step back. I got so much good feedback, all of which I am more than thankful. It was calming to me, to just hear from other moms. To be reminded I am clearly not the only one who has gone through this. I took everything that was said into serious consideration....as most of the comments I received had a similar message.

Today Anslee went down at the same time for nap. Since I am a stickler to the routine, I decided to keep up with what I was doing...but just not stress out about it. She had lunch at 11:15, and at 12:30 it was time to go down, so she did. I did not hear from her until I went into her room to get her at 3 pm.

Tonight, she had dinner at 6 pm, and then was put to bed by 7:30. She was finally asleep before 8 pm. I was happy with that. Very happy with that.

Here is what I changed for today. I am almost embarrassed to admit it.

I am a TV junkie. Mostly reality TV. None the less...the TV lately has been on a whole lot. Even though I usually am just getting bits and pieces of my shows (hello 18 month old) its still on. More than it should be.

Today. There was no TV. I had read an article mentioning that TV can be SUPER stimulating.

She got to watch her 20 minute show, Yo Gabba Gabba, in the afternoon. That was it.

I really believe this could be the culprit, because, The last few months the TV has really been on more, and I have let her watch more of the age appropriate shows off of Nick Jr.

I just decided last night, what would it hurt to see if the TV played any part. It may just have ironic that it worked today. I will see again after tomorrow if I get the same outcome!

Again, Thanks to everyone who offered help. It felt good today, to just relax...to know that our routine is good for her, and that she is not really being hurt in any major way by the little less sleep she was getting.

I am one lucky Mom!

1 comment:

The Skains Family said...

Good for you! I was also going to say that she is only 18 months and she is not going to give up a nap yet. I saw some moms commented like she may be giving up a nap. No need to worry about that, especially after all that work with Babywise! My 2 year old and 3 year old still takes a 2-3 hour nap everyday.