Friday, October 14, 2011

The Wife of Noble Character

Proverbs 31: 10-31
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her 
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm, 
all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family 
and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
She can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her 
household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and her praises 
her;
"Many women  do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is 
to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned,
and her works bring her praise
at the city gate.


Its really hard to read this and not be a little bit intimidated or overwhelmed. I honestly question if I have what it takes to be everything that this woman is. I want it so badly, and I am starting to really believe that God sees this woman in me. Right now in this passage I still see a lot of "to do's" and a long list of things that are required of me. I am certain though, that when I doubt myself, the Lord is confident. He sees me as capable and refines me to make me this very woman.



This lady, Brandy Beaumont, is Proverbs 31. She lives it so much that all around her can see it instantly. Her children do arise and call her Blessed. I have seen the way they are taken with the person she is.
Brandy spoke to us, at MOPS this morning. This meeting might have been my single most favorite and memorable MOPS meeting to date. 
She spoke God's sweet truth to us, while giving us creative ideas to do with our pre-schoolers.
She encouraged us to:
Get messy with them and not dwell on the mess
Be silly with them
Ditch the technology and focus
Stop comparing ourselves to other Moms
To be proud of our stay at home job title
To do our job with a smile when we don't feel like smiling
and most of all she reminded us of this:
Our children are God's most precious gift to us. They are our REWARD.
Our children were given to us specifically. We were made to mother.

She shared this with us and I can't get my mind away from it:

Psalm 127:
Unless the Lord builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat - 
for he grants sleep to those he loves.

SONS are a HERITAGE from the LORD.
CHILDREN a REWARD from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is fullof them.
They will not be put to shame 
when they content with their enemies in the gate.

To me, simply put, our children are a reflection of Gods favor in our life. They prepare us for the Kingdom to come. They give us strength against the enemy.
I hope, and pray, they will call me Blessed in my days to come.

Do you view your children as reward? Reward they are!


My sweet Rewards!
Love them so!

Thank you Brandy for being the source of inspiration I needed, but thank you much more for being obedient to Gods call for you to share. I promise he used you in ways beyond your wildest imagination!



1 comment:

Amber Ruth said...

loved this! thanks for sharing & the encouragement!