Friday, November 11, 2011

Days of Thanks -11

Thankful just tips the  iceberg on how I feel about 
Hardin-Simmons University.
I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful community.
The people that I met while I attended college there
are those that have impacted my life in the most defining of ways.
The professors that poured into my education were clearly
one of a kind. Its a unique experience
to go to a private baptist University,
and one that I will forever cherish.
It was more that a place to get a great education.
It was a place to be changed. A place to really learn who you are
and what you want out of life.
I was on the brink of adulthood and had so much to learn
in so many areas. I graduated a different person than who I was when I first
set foot on the forty acres. I was proud of who I became
and knew that HSU would be forever special to me.
There is not one thing I regret about my college experience.
I feel like HSU allowed this native Abilenian 
a true collegiate lifestyle.
I have sense stayed closely connected to the HSU body,
and have no plans of changing that.
I was humbled and thrilled to accept an invitation to be a part of 
The Board of Young Associates in 2009,
where I find myself keeping up with the current events of campus
and helping to improve what might need improvement.
I will forever be grateful for my education enlightened by faith!


No comments: